emotions...

emotions...
...life's only treasures

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Priceless Notebook of Monikaka


Monikaka's / Dadu's Diary or Notebook where dates of birth, dates of marriage, and dates of passing have all been written down by him so very meticulously! 

This is the page from where I got to know that the date of passing of my Thakurda was 29th August, 1962 - this date had never been mentioned and observed by my Thamma or my Baba or Pisi-s.. It is a pity that I did not get to know his date of birth!

This page also tells me the dates of birth of both my Pisi-s .. things that I never knew..

It tells us the date of wedding of S N Roy and Mago, date of their marriage reception, date of birth of BaRo Jethu Prabir Roy, and a lot more dates ..

It mentions Baba's date of birth too :) and Sonu's DOB too :)

And this is just one page! 


We can see "Tarudidi passed away on 11. 12. 26" on the upper left page. The Pisi about whom our fathers never knew, the sister of our Thakurda-s who had never been mentioned before Anjoli found out about her in 2014.. being mentioned so lovingly as "Tarudidi"

No comments: