emotions...

emotions...
...life's only treasures

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bittersweet (November 2009)

You were my soulmate,
You were my greatest foe-
I showed you my roses,
I showed you my tears-
You gave me my dreams,
You dug up my fears.

I loved you-
I hated you,
I adored you-
I dreaded you,
I waited for you-
I despised you!

You were my solace,
You were my threat.
I wanted to sleep in your lap-
You told me how lonely I was!
You gave me death after each birth,
You showered life after each death.

You freed me-
You burdened me,
You were my blessing-
You saw me sin.
Today, we don’t meet each other-
You don’t kiss my face anymore.

O bittersweet night!
Even before you knock at my door,
Even before I hear your footsteps,
I sink into mindless slumber.
You escape into dawn without waking me up!

I had begged for this bliss, eternally!
Little did I know-
My heart has been stolen by my beloved foe!
Little did I know-
Someday, I would miss you so!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

almost in tears mam....khub marbo tomaye!

paalok said...

thanks for reading ...

Anonymous said...

eto bhalo bhalo sob lekha....keu pore na,mon kharap lage,tai na?amaro eta hoy....jano?

paalok said...

:)

koyel said...

hmm... nothing to say. I felt the poem and i am enamored by it.