emotions...

emotions...
...life's only treasures

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I want to walk out

Whenever I have hated a job
I have written a "resignation letter",
Handed it to the boss,
And walked out of the premises
Forever...


Each time
I have felt a strange sense of
Freedom, despite
the uncertainties ahead--
Each time 
I have felt myself lucky
With a strange sense of pity
for the colleagues I have left behind
in those cubicles
Despite, the looming task at hand-
the task of looking for a job ..


I have prided myself 
at the thought that
"I do not endure nonsense"-
I have counted my blessings
as nobody depended on the money
I earned-
not even myself..


I am aching to feel 
the same surge of freedom-
The same sense of limitless abundance-
the same flood of joy-
I am aching to resign from life.
This cubicle is killing me-
I hate the scrip that 
has been written for me-
I want to scream and say-
I never wanted this!
Can I never have what I wanted?


I want to write
my final resignation
I want to hand it over to God,
I want to be polite and say,
"It was nice living this life"-
I want to walk out of the premises
my head held high-
light and cheerful!
I just pray,
He accepts my resignation-
for that, it is Him on whom
I have to depend!

2 comments:

koyel said...

Its a pity that I never read this before. Very strong writing.

paalok said...

im glad that u never read this before..