emotions...

emotions...
...life's only treasures

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Celebration of World Poetry Day March-April 2010 in Kobita Point

There were wonderful tributes by my extremely talented friends. Let me share some of them with you~


Kobita Maane Ki?
By Rajat Subhra Banerjee(our dear Harida)


kobita maane podyo,
khanik durbodhyo, tai onobodyo.

taar thaake chhondo,
"taale-gole dwondo, olpo pochhondo!"

aar thaake mil,
er sheshe 'nil', to or sheshe 'chil'.

aar thaake ortho,
"perek-er chaape keno hoy eto gorto."

aar thaake chhotro,
mil-e mil-e, chhondete, jotro o totro.

aar thaake dNaRi,
tai tei shesh, tar pore aaRi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Tribute by Beasdi (Beas Bhattacharya)


Entwined fingers
Grasps the foggy,empty glass;
Dim muted light,
Itches a worn out face,
One tired glance;
Emotions pours,staggers,
exhausted and spent;
Into nothingness they breath.

Once again ,
For the uptemth time
i play with words,
Fragile,frivolous;
Yet truer than my being.

Come my dear friend,
Poets of troubled times,
Pour me another drink,
Lets celebrate,
This soltitude of utter darkness,
With no place to return;
Lets celebrate,
Life as it is,
As ever it will be,
Or not.

~~~~~~~~~





Aah, poetry

by Aayoti
It’s sadness on a page
Served with what is felt within;
It is thoughts and opinions
And all things there-in.
It’s escape from reality
And sometimes, the way back to it too-
It’s rhyming and not rhyming
(And that’s something anyone can do!)
It’s a wonderful thing
What a pen and paper can do;
It can make your hands write-type
Things you didn’t know could come to you!
It lets you vent out
In all ways you please,
So it’s but fair that you sit back and confess,
“Aah, poetry….”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ode to Poetry
by Yours Truly





When tears shied away
From misting my eyes,
You were there
to wash my soul.
Love, loss, desires, pains
Secrets and sighs
Always had you
To rock me to peace
Many a sleepless night!

I have left myself alone
Many a time,
Only to find you embrace
My heart of hearts
Only to be led by you
To the morning dew
After every dark night,
Only to be kissed by you
On the forehead
To let me live!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: